If you’ve heard of the term “Vampire Facial” and wondered what it means, you’ve come to the right place. A Vampire Facial is a popular anti-aging treatment that uses Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) to rejuvenate skin and reduce signs of aging. Here, we’ll explore how this facial works, its benefits, and why it has grown in popularity over the years.
What is a Vampire Facial?
The Vampire Facial is an innovative anti-aging procedure that relies on platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy. PRP therapy uses your body’s own healing factors to rejuvenate and repair skin tissue. During a typical session, a doctor takes a small sample of your blood, which is then placed in a centrifuge for about 10 minutes to separate out the plasma rich in platelets. This plasma contains essential growth factors including protein molecules, cytokines, and other agents that help tissue heal and regenerate. Once prepared, it can be injected directly into your skin or used with micro needling devices like SkinPen® Precision to stimulate collagen production and reduce signs of aging.1
What is PRP?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a natural, minimally invasive treatment that can help to improve the look and feel of your skin. PRP treatments involve the extraction of platelet rich plasma from your own blood, which is then injected into areas on your face or body indicating signs of aging and damage. PRP works by harnessing the healing capabilities of platelets, which are vital components in our body’s natural healing mechanisms. During the procedure, platelet derived growth factors, proteins and other specialized cells get to work stimulating collagen production, elastin synthesis and tissue regeneration – all of which adds up to a more youthful appearance.2,3
How Does It Work?
The PRP solution used during an anti-aging facial helps to improve skin hydration, reduce wrinkles, minimize acne scars, even out skin tone and texture, and promote healthy cell turnover. The microinjections of PRP have been found to increase cellular metabolism while stimulating collagen production in the underlying layers of skin—which helps create firmer skin tone and fewer lines over time. In addition, microneedles are used to create tiny punctures in the top layer of skin which triggers natural healing responses in your body so that you can achieve tighter and brighter looking skin with minimal downtime after each session.
Does a Vampire Facial Hurt?
Microneedling might sound scary to you, but it’s not that painful. The needles we use are very fine (microscopic size) that are sharp enough to penetrate the skin layers but do not hurt that much. Moreover, we use a local anesthetic before needling to numb any pain.
After about 6 weeks of the procedure, your face will show the results of healing and rejuvenation. Your skin will tighten up, your hyperpigmentation will settle, and you’ll physically feel a difference in your skin.
Benefits of the Vampire Facial
The vampire facial has become popular in recent years due to its benefits, which include:
- Improved skin texture and tone – The microneedling and PRP combination can help to improve the texture and tone of the skin, making it look smoother and more youthful.
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles – By stimulating collagen production, the vampire facial can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Enhanced skin hydration – The growth factors in the PRP can help to hydrate the skin, which can improve its overall health and appearance.
- Reduced hyperpigmentation – The vampire facial may also help to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation, such as age spots and sun damage.
- Minimal downtime – The vampire facial is a non-invasive treatment that typically requires little to no downtime, making it a convenient option for those with busy schedules.1
All in all, if you’re looking for an effective anti-aging facial treatment without having to go under the knife or take time off work for recovery afterwards then the Vampire Facial may be perfect for you! With its natural results and minimal invasiveness this treatment could be just what you need to look younger while still embracing your unique beauty! Talk to a specialist today about how this treatment could work best for you!
- PRP Facial and Microneedling: How Does It Work? (2021, March 23). Retrieved February 25, 2022, from https://www.realself.com/prp-facial/and-microneedling
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections. (n.d.). Retrieved February 25, 2022, from https://www.healthline.com/health/prp-injection
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy: What It Is and How It Works. (2020, December 4). Retrieved February 25, 2022, from https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/platelet-rich-plasma-therapy-overview